How you prepare for the back-to-school season can dictate the success of your martial arts business for the entire year. For the best results, you need solid strategies for sales, marketing, operations, and retention. The right tools and technology will make your back-to-school marketing more effective, your events more profitable, and your operations more efficient.
1) Email Marketing & Text Messaging
Launch an email campaign to target members who were inactive or dropped out over the Summer. Consider pairing your emails with text messages that include special offers for returning students.
- Member Manager Software – Martial arts software that includes email marketing, lead tracking, and follow-up
- iContact – Email marketing platform (integrates with Member Manager)
- Mobiry – Text message-based coupons and promotional codes (integrates with Member Manager)
2) Back-to-School Events
Plan buddy days, community events, anti-bullying talks, and PTO seminars to engage with active students and to attract new prospects.
- Event Manager Software – Online event registration software
- 14 Fall Event Ideas – Seasonally-inspired event list
- Event Pick List – Themes for martial arts school events
- Bullying Prevention – 10 ways to participate in National Bullying Prevention Month
3) Websites & Web Advertising
Before the fall, invest in optimizing your site to increase your traffic and leads. During back-to-school season, temporarily increase your Google Ads bids to drive even more people to your site.
- 97 Display – Internet marketing agency that creates martial arts and fitness websites that grow member counts
- FC Online Marketing – Custom-designed martial arts websites that increase enrollment
- Google Ads – Advertising platform for Google Search, YouTube, Maps, and more
4) Social Media
Before the back-to-school season, put together your social media strategy. Train your staff on how you want them to use social media. Get everyone in the habit of posting regularly. Make use of social media advertising.
- Facebook Groups – Communicate with students, prospects and community members through Groups
- Facebook Live – Live video stream
- Facebook Ads – Targeted advertising on Facebook
If you keep your school running smoothly, you’re far less likely to receive complaints from your members. Not to mention, you’ll simplify your job as a school owner and be a better teacher and leader because of it.
- Member Manager Software – All-in-one business management software for lead generation, scheduling, point of sale, billing, and more
- Member Solutions Billing – Martial arts billing, payment processing, and membership contract management (integrates with Member Manager)
- Intuit Quickbooks – Accounting software (integrates with Member Manager)
- Sage 50 – Accounting software (integrates with Member Manager)
- MAIA Edge – Leading educational resource in the martial arts industry. Get the latest information on recruiting, retention, and revenue to continue growing your school.
Incorporate these tools into your back-to-school strategy to grow your school’s memberships and maximize your earnings this fall.